Saturday, March 17, 2012

Hiking to Cress Creek

Today a few of us went on a hike to Cress Creek. I think the weather might of scared a few people away. But - the weather was absolutely perfect. It might of been cloudy and windy but we didn't get rained on and we didn't get cold.

We met at the church at 9 am. Janeane Galbraith, Emillee Stokes, Pam Beck and I (Mary Jo) headed for Cress Creek. Paige came along also. We got out of the car and headed for the trail. Emillee and I were in front and as we approached this garbage can, Emillee heard something. She looked in the can and guess what!! We got sprayed by this poor little SKUNK that was trapped in the garbage can. I think Emillee got the most of it as she was pushing me out of the way to get past the can. I sure hope Janeane's car doesn't smell like skunk for too long.

It was such a wonderful hike. I just wish it were longer. Thanks to those that came and made it fun. We also saw a deer, two moose, a pine hen, and of course that darn skunk. We also sampled some water cress. Hopefully we won't get sick.

As for that skunk - Pam kicked the can and saved it.

We haven't set a place for next month's hike. I am open to suggestions. I am looking at doing it on the 21st or the 28th of April.




No comments:

Post a Comment