Well, Kinsey is safely ensconced in the Missionary Training Center as of yesterday. What a joyful experience. Understanding that "joy" means love, tears, happiness, hugs, and more tears. Paul and I are just so thrilled that Kinsey has chosen to serve. She was well prepared and only a little nervous. She will be at the MTC for 8 weeks to learn Spanish with an Italian twist, and then go down to Argentina. Hopefully she will get be in Buenos Aires for Christmas. I was so touched by Joe & Jordi Lawless' special musical number in Church on Sunday. Remember how they beautifully sang, "I'll go where you want me to go." I recall how many times I've said, "I'm not going there-" or in conversation with one of my children, "we're not going there." That meaning of the phrase is, "I'm unwilling to consider whatever you're talking about. " But I realized during the hymn the Lawless' sang, that when I say to the Lord, "I'll go where you want me to go," I am committing myself to follow wherever He leads me.
Now I was lucky. I got called to serve in the Australia Brisbane Mission, the most beautiful mission in the world. (Sorry, Kinsey.) I mean, who wouldn't want to serve their mission in paradise, looking down on the Great Barrier Reef? So I wasn't dumb, and when the Lord called me to paradise, I said yes. I'll go where you want me to go.
But life nowadays is a little different. School mornings are not paradisiacal in nature. Sometimes children disagree that homework should come before texting, facebooking, and computer games. Sometimes they have alternate opinions about the number of times an article of clothing should be worn before washing.
These are times that I'm not as convinced that I want to go where the Lord needs me to go. But that is where the Lord helps me. Not to a mountain height, but to a calm, patient conversation with my children. Not over an exotic sea, but just helping me bite my lip instead of speaking ill.
Keeping the Spirit in my home for the rest of my life is where the Lord wants me to go now. Seeking for the true in heart in Buenos Aires is where the Lord wants Kinsey to go right now. I know He'll help us both.
Beautiful Kathy!! You are an amazing momma!!
ReplyDeleteVery insightful Kathy. Val and I were also touched by the beautiful song sang by Joe and Jordi. They make a melodious team. Fun to watch Joe smiling while Jordi leads the music too.
ReplyDeleteI love this Kathy!
ReplyDelete