Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Self Reliance - message from Tracy Hill (Relief Society Emergency Preparedness Coordinator)


"We become self-reliant through obtaining sufficient knowledge, education, and literacy; by managing money and resources wisely, being spiritually strong, preparing for emergencies and eventualities; and by having physical health and social and emotional well-being." (Julie B. Beck)

We cannot help others until we first help ourselves.  When we have done this, we should share our knowledge with others; this is where you sisters come in!  I would like to share YOUR KNOWLEDGE with the other sisters in the ward.  You are all the best resources I could ever find.

If you have ANY tip, advice, or knowledge of any kind related to self reliance, provident living, food storage, budgeting, good sales on food items to store, etc.  PLEASE share it with me and I will pass it along to the sisters on teh second Suday of each mont and also on this blog.  Please let me know if you do NOT want me to share your name, otherwise--I will.

I will be grateful for any feedback from you.  Please email me at tracyr27@hotmail.com with your ideas.  Thank you for sharing with your sisters.

Tracy Hill


Remember:  Store water in sturdy, leakproof, break resistant containers.  Keep from heat sources and direct sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment